Sunday, August 31, 2008

The End of an Era

My favourite story has come to an end.

For Better or For Worse has been one comic strip that I have followed on and off for years. The story is now over. I almost cried today. Strange that I'm so sad about it. I guess 'cause even when I wasn't actively reading it, it was always there. When I was quite young, I had a couple of paper routes. Before I started out on my journey, I would always crack the paper open to read the funnies, mostly with the intent on seeing what Michael and Elizabeth were up to. Then, years went by without me reading it, and about 5 years ago, I found it online, and have read it pretty much every day since. No matter how insane my life was, no matter how many times I moved, changed lives, re-invented myself, the Pattersons were still around, and still what I figured a "normal" and "happy" family was like. They had their trials and tribulations, but they were always there for each other. Just how I wished my family was. Just like I hope my "new" family will be.

Thank you Lynn for a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to reading your new, "fleshed out" version of my favourite family.

3 comments:

hannelle* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hannelle* said...

i almost started crying too when i heard that she was ending her comic strip -- its been so fun reading about the family and how their lives matched mine :(

*welcome back!!* i'm so excited that you're writing again!

moi + toi PHOTOGRAPHIE said...

Remember I am going to school for childhood education. The reason why I went to school, was to do what you are trying to do right now. If you need some help or something you can ask me. I know the laws may be just tweeked a little bit because i am in quebec. but it is basically the same thing. let me know.