Friday, August 29, 2008

Since when is babysitting so complicated?!?!

I'm starting up daycare in my house. I'm trying to take on two kids, which means I don't need to be licenced. But I'm going to be "registered" with the local child care referral and resource centre place.

I need to have my house child proofed, which is a no-brainer, but I also need to spray everything with bleach a bazillion times a day, I need to make a menu plan for SNACKS (I just did a four week plan and it took me about two hours. I feel like I'm back in school doing homework assignments), I need to make up a stack of different consent forms from consent for random walks to applying sunscreen, to administering medicine. I need to draw up sign in and sign out sheets for the parents to sign when they drop thier kids off and pick them up. I need to create a parents handbook which includes my discipline routines, etc. I also need to make up and include an "if your kid gets sick, this is what we'll do" section of the book.

On top of that, I've already taken first aid, and I will be taking a six week child care course. I also have to take part in random courses through the year to keep in "good standing" with the centre. And all this just to make sure that the parents can get the maximum subsidy rate.

Oh yeah, I also have to finish renovating the new master bedroom so that I can move our bedroom stuff in there and turn our current room into a nap room for the kids.

And Armondo seems to think that I should already have clients when I have all this stuff to do.... I'm going to the paper on Monday to get an ad put in it for later in the week. That is, if we get the bedrooms done by then...

So yeah, I'm a little busy right now.

2 comments:

shandelle said...

You must be a very patient woman. I get frustrated with my own two let alone someone elses on top of mine.

CeCe said...

No, I'm not actually patient... But I *do* love children, so hopefully it'll all work out. I actually think it'll make me a better parent. We'll see!