Thursday, October 2, 2008

About Me, My Family, and This Blog

I'm getting a bit more traffic here now, and though most of you are here from my old blog, some of you might not know me yet. And since I let my old blog rot for awhile, there may be things you just don't know that are going on in my life!

Let's start with the basics!

I, CeCe, am a stay at home mother of two girls. My eldest, whom I call "Cherry" is just over three (Born July 2005) and my youngest, whom I call "Peach" is just over a year and a half (Born January 2007).

My husband, whom I call "Armondo" is currently employed as a cook at a funky, late night restaurant in my town. He is hoping to go to school next semester to become an electrician. We got married Spring 2004 in a small ceremony that cost us less than $200. (Just some fun trivia for you.)

I'm starting a day care out of my home, and just got the approval to be "registered" today. YAY! Now I need to find some clients.

I moved to this town about five months ago. It's a small town, and I love it. Everything is so beautiful here, the people are great, and I can walk everywhere! Where we used to live, it was in a rural neighbourhood, with no sidewalks, and no real safe place to go for walks, except for up and down our dead-end street. I love my new house, it has great character, and is pretty much perfect for our needs, minus one bathroom! (we'll work on that).

This blog will mostly be about day-to-day life. I will share some of my day-care activities with you, as well as some peeks into the lives of my children. I suspect that I will share my joys and pains that come with seeking out and making new friends in a new place, as well as sharing my struggles with being a home owner!

There are a few reasons why I let my old blog get funky.... And it all started with the major flood that occurred last December. That flood devastated me. Even just going back and finding the link for that post made my heart sink. We got off really lucky, and I'm thankful for that, but that flood shook my world. I had nightmares for months afterwards.

On top of that, I had troubles with some in-laws reading my blog and getting offended. This has happened a couple of times. And I know it's happened to many other people too. I'm going to try AGAIN to have a blog that's under the radar. I'm also going to try to be less negative on here about family members.

Which brings me to another reason why I sort of stopped blogging. This relates to the last reason. I spend a lot of time on www.truemomconfessions.com and the sister sites. There, I can rant about family and friends, and get feedback and no one will ever know it's me.

Then, there was the whole selling the house thing. The first time we tried to sell our house, we had it on the market for months and months with only one offer, and that fell through. This time, trying to sell the house, we had that flood against us, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't scared $h!tless that we wouldn't be able to sell the house this time around either. But we did. The first people and the third people who looked at our house both made offers, and the first people bought it after a tiny bit of haggling, at a very reasonable price. But, it was still stressful, none the less.

Then.... We moved to our new town, just weeks after selling our house, and we lived in an internet-less house for 6 weeks. So not too much blogging happened then.

After that, we moved again, this time into our own home, but between me working at that time, part time, and Armondo working opposing shifts, and our roof leaking like crazy and ruining the ceiling in three rooms, I didn't find much time to blog.

Then we went on vacation *whew*

Anyway... after all that stuff, I just couldn't "pick up where I left off" on my old blog, 'cause there just seemed to be so many empty spots! So, here I am, I'm settled in my new home, I'm starting a new child care career, my kids are doing fun things, and I'm ready to document it all!

So, please, sit back, relax, read, comment, and enjoy!

*hugs*
~C

4 comments:

Romi said...

Hi Ce Ce,
Oh it made me so happy to see that you are getting so much out of truemomconfessions.com! I'm going to stop by Fruit Salad to see how you and the family are doing and please, please keep joining us over at TMC (anonymously of course!) so all us moms can know the things you are REALLY thinking but can't say outloud!

best,
Romi (founder, true mom)

CeCe said...

Hey Romi, so nice of you to comment! I love TMC, I've been reading it from the start!

Alisha said...

I'm happy now because I found you! You are looking wonderful!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.